The second annual meeting of the ROMA FORUM network took place with prominent guests
ERGO partner Nevo Parudimos organized the second meeting of ROMA FORUM network. The meeting took place on 4-5 December, 2017 at the Sports Cultural Complex Tei in Bucharest. The meeting was organized within the framework of the strategic partnership coordinated by ERGO.
The meeting was attended by Minister Delegate for European Affairs, president of the National Agency for Roma, , deputy of the Roma minority in Parliament. Alongside them were representatives of Roma civil society in the country. The novelty of this meeting was that for the first time organizations of Christian Roma participated with a significant number of participants.
The topics addressed at the meeting were:
- Romanian Presidency of the EU Council – Roma issues on the social agenda of the European Union;
- Explore strategies to improve the situation of Roma people – the implementation thereof;
- The analysis of the opportunities available for the Roma NGOS;
- Presentation of the programs LEADER, Erasmus+ and Europe for Citizens;
- The planning of future activities of ROMA FORUM;
The Roma FORUM network intends to provide space for debate and analysis of existing policies for Roma people. Roma FORUM is a network of Romani organization, Roma activists and researchers, who want to contribute to the improvement of public policies for Roma communities.