Call for external consultant
Download the Call for external consultant.
We are searching for an external consultant to assess the achievements and lessons learned of the Framework Partnership Agreement between ERGO Network and DG Employment (2018-2021) entitled ‘Roma Included in Social Europe’.
The expert will be contracted for the evaluation of the first year of the work programme – 2018 – but we foresee a longer-term cooperation for the whole duration of the Framework Partnership Agreement for annual evaluations in order to improve our work through the consultant’s feedback and recommendations. This longer-term cooperation is subject to receiving the annual operating grant of DG EMPL and the success of the cooperation in the first year.
Specifically, the evaluator is expected to:
- Conduct interviews with ERGO members participating in the implementation of the FPA as well as with ERGO staff in order to assess how well the objectives of year 1 have been achieved and how well the management structure of the work programme functions.
- Conduct one evaluation visit to Hungary in order to interview organisations participating in the FPA.
- Draft a report describing lessons learnt and providing recommendations for improvement for the next three years of the FPA.
- Excellent knowledge of evaluation methodology and experience with programme evaluations
- Expertise on Roma issues and policies on European Union and member state level
- Experience working with civil society organisations in the fields of advocacy, capacity-building and network building
- Excellent writing skills and ability to concisely summarise evaluation results for different audiences
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently
- Additional language skills desirable
The evaluation will be conducted from September to December 2018, with the final report expected for the end of December 2018.
Times for the evaluation visit and interviews will be agreed together with ERGO staff and partner organisations.
Contract and budget: The independent evaluator will be subcontracted to fulfil part of the work programme in the Framework Partnership Agreement between ERGO Network and DG Employment. The expert has no rights vis-à-vis the European Commission.
The expert shall be paid for the execution of the activities and services a fee of maximum 5,000 EUR, all taxes and VAT included. The expert is expected to pay her or his own travel and accommodation to Hungary (2 days) and Brussels (2 days).
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents:
- CV, highlighting past similar assignments
- Motivation letter, including proposed methodology
We will select the expert according to the principle “Value for money”. Please send your application to email@example.com by August 20th 2018, 23:59 CET.
A detailed project summary can be provided upon request.
For further questions, please contact Christine Sudbrock: (firstname.lastname@example.org)