Call for financial manager – EXTENDED DEADLINE 15 JANUARY
ERGO Network is contracting a financial manager to be responsible for the accounting, tax system, right of the legal entity and human resources in the ERGO Network office in Brussels starting from 2019
ERGO Network (www.ergonetwork.org) brings together 28 members from across Europe and supports organisations with a common perspective on Roma grassroots empowerment and equal citizenship to challenge stereotypes and combat stigmatization. We mobilize and connect organisations and individuals that share and express our values – active citizenship, shared responsibility, and passion – to strengthen and empower Roma civil society involvement in decision-making at local, national and European level and to address existing shortcomings of policies targeted at Roma.
ERGO Network is a Netherlands-based organisation – Stichting – with its branch based in Belgium.
Currently we are supported by DG Employment through a Partnership Framework Agreement and we are partners in several projects. Our annual budget is approximately 500.000 Euro.
Role of the expert
We are searching for a financial manager to be responsible for the accounting, tax system, right of the legal entity and human resources which cover the work of the organisation. ERGO Network runs an Annual Work Programme ‘Roma Included in Social Europe’ funded by DG Employment, is a partner in a project funded by DG Near under the IPA programme and a pilot project of the DG Justice, among others.
Specifically, the expert is expected to fulfil the following tasks:
- Bookkeeping outgoing and incoming invoices into the system (accountancy software) using analytic departments
- Arranging payments by using ERGO’s two bank accounts (one Dutch and one Belgian)
- Preparing outgoing invoices to donors, members and other clients
- Quarterly reporting
- Financial reporting to donors
- Preparation of annual budget
- Financial forecasts (end of year forecast)
- Preparation of financial report and budget to the board
- Assisting project officer in preparation of budget and financial reports
- Liaising with the external auditors and accountants in the Netherlands
- Liaising with donors (EU Commission and Foundations)
- Fulfilling obligations for the Belgian VAT (franchise régime) and the Belgian tax administration
- Liaising with the Belgian payroll company (Partena)
- Preparing contracts and identification “fiches” for new members of the staff
- Be the first contact point for staff for obligations/rights regarding Belgian labour law
- Liaising with the company responsible for medical checks (Mensura)
- Liaising with the staff insurance company
- Sending monthly staff presence report to the payroll company
- Order luncheon vouchers on a monthly basis according to presence
- Collect staff timesheets
- Arrange for work permits when needed by staff from outside the EU
- Excellent knowledge of financial management and legal background in Belgium
- Good command of English
- Ability to work independently and at the same time coordinate regularly with the ERGO team and the member organisations
- Educated to Bachelor degree level or similar (e.g. accountancy, financial management or other relevant degree)
Contract and budget: The expert will be subcontracted to a role of financial manager in the ERGO Network Brussels based office. The expert has no rights vis-à-vis the European Commission.
The expert shall be paid for the execution of the activities and services a fee of maximum 23,500 EUR, all taxes and VAT included.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents:
- Proposed operations and services
We will select the expert according to the principle “Value for money”. Please send your application to email@example.com, indicating in the subject of the email “Application Financial Manager” by 15thd January 2019, 23:59 CET.
A detailed organisation overview of financial and legal operations of ERGO Network can be provided upon request.
For further questions, please contact Gabriela Hrabanova (firstname.lastname@example.org)