ERGO Network Grassroots Advocacy Academy for multipliers
23-28 August 2019, Rehlovice (Usti nad Labem, Czech Republic)
Traditional ways of advocacy seem less and less effective, particularly when working in countries with far right governments and a high level of populism in politics. If grassroots activists want to advocate for combatting antigypsyism, empowering Roma and promoting social inclusion, they have to find new partnerships and new approaches to be effective.
In our Grassroots Advocacy Academy for multipliers, we want to share experiences with advocacy in difficult environments, build capacity for effective advocacy in our membership and support multipliers in organising national or local advocacy trainings for Roma activists.
We invite you to an interactive 5-day programme in a nice environment in Czech Republic to share experiences, learn from each other and together build more capacity to advocate effectively for Roma empowerment.
- Explore and analyze different methods, ways and approaches of grassroots advocacy and community organizing
- Share knowledge and experiences between ERGO Network members
- Equip multipliers with knowledge of EU-driven Roma related policies that can support local advocacy
- Equip multipliers with competencies and guiding principles to implement national or local advocacy trainings for Roma activists
Profile of participants:
- Staff members or volunteers of (pro-)Roma civil society organisations OR
- Staff members or volunteers of human rights organisations or training institutes
- Experience in advocacy (and ideally also in capacity-building for advocacy)
- Knowledge of Roma issues
- Able to communicate in English
The participation in the Academy is free thanks to a grant of the International Visegrad Fund and the European Commission’s EaSI programme. ERGO Network will cover the travel and accommodation costs.
We have 20 places. In case more people would like to participate, we will select based on motivation and geographical balance.
The Academy will take place from 23-28 August 2019 (including arrival and departure date)
in Rehlovice close to Usti nad Labem, Czech Republic at: https://penzion-u-svate-barbory.hotel.cz/
Transfer from Prague will be organized.
If you are interested to participate, please register here by 13 June 2019.
Download the call for the ERGO Network Grassroots Academy.