Call for European Solidarity Corps placement in ERGO Network
ERGO Network is looking for an enthusiastic and active young Roma who would like to join our office team in Brussels for 11 months in the framework of the European Solidarity Corps. This is a remunerated opportunity.
When: February (later date can be discussed) to December 2020
Where: ERGO Network office in Brussels, Belgium
Who: Young Roma between 18 and 30
Deadline for applications: 25 January 2020
During the 11 months with ERGO, you will learn about European policy and advocacy, help us organize international meetings and events, and get actively involved in Roma and human rights activism in Brussels and Europe.
Your main tasks will be:
- Advocacy and policy: Support ERGO staff in EU advocacy work on poverty reduction, social inclusion and antigypsyism; attend debates, hearings and meetings with EU institutions and other stakeholders to challenge stereotypes and racism, and build partnership with Roma and non-Roma organizations from Belgium and other European countries.
- Meetings and seminars: Support the organisation of meetings, events and international seminars of ERGO Network and its partners, e.g. our Advocacy Academy, Annual Members Meeting etc.
- Communication and visibility: contribute to the updating of the ERGO Network and RomaReact websites and social media channels; develop creative approaches and publicity work to promote our activities and mission and a positive image of Roma.
- Researching and reporting: Assisting ERGO’s research work e.g. on cases of inequality and antigypsyism all over Europe.
- Young Roma between 18 and 30 years living in an EU Member State or Macedonia or Turkey
- Good English language skills, both oral and written
- Computer literacy (experience with Microsoft office package and social media)
- High motivation to learn more about Roma activism and advocacy work
- Previous involvement in Roma or (pro) Roma NGOs will be considered an advantage
- Reliable, well organized and with attention to details
You will work about 38 hours per week, including the language course included in the package. Typical working hours are from Monday to Friday between 9:30 – 17:30, but can be adapted to your needs and the activities you will be involved in.
We aim to support young people who are enthusiastic about our cause and want to gain experiences that can be later transferred to national or local NGOs. We especially welcome applications from people who are motivated to challenge stereotypes, antigypsyism and racism and who show an open attitude for a unique learning and life experience, as well as a volunteer spirit of creativity, initiative, responsibility and independence.
- An allowance of 1049 Euro that includes money for accommodation, meals, local transport, language course and pocket money
- Travel costs to Brussels (a lump sum depending on the distance to Brussels)
- Health insurance for the whole year
- On-arrival training with other Solidarity Corps volunteers, and lots of learning and development opportunities with ERGO Network and our partners
- An exciting and unforgettable experience, working for an European organisation in an international city!
How to apply:
Please send your motivation letter (1 page) and CV (max 2 pages) by 25th January 2020 to email@example.com.