Call for expert
ERGO Network is contracting an expert on Community-Led Local Development and Roma inclusion to coordinate part of our work programme on CLLD in 2018
Role of the expert
We are searching for an expert to coordinate ERGO Network’s capacity-building and advocacy work on Roma inclusion in the CLLD in 2018, which is part of our Annual Work Programme ‘Roma Included in Social Europe’ funded by DG Employment.
2018 is a crucial year for CLLD in Europe, as important steps are taken on EU and Member State level for the new programming period 2020-2027 and the Urban CLLD is expanded. The expert is expected to support ERGO and its member organisations in Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Bulgaria and Romania in their capacity-building and advocacy work and to build on the experiences and achievements of the network in the area of CLLD from the past years.
Specifically, the expert is expected to:
- Develop stage 3 and 4 of ERGO Network’s CLLD Quality Audit on Roma participation and implementation, coach members in using it, collect results and preparing the synthesis report
- Develop stage 1 and 2 of a CLLD Quality Audit for the Urban CLLD
- Develop a capacity-building trajectory for Roma NGOs and LAGs on Roma inclusion in the Urban CLLD
- Support ERGO Network in setting up an EU advocacy strategy to ensure the next programming period includes Roma experiences in the CLLD.
- Excellent knowledge of Community-led Local Development in rural and urban settings and in the contexts of Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary, Czech Republic and Slovakia
- Expertise on Roma issues and policies on European Union and member state level
- Experience working with civil society organisations in the fields of advocacy and capacity-building
- Good contacts with relevant stakeholders, such as Federations of LAGs, Rural Development Network, DG Regio
- Good writing and analytical skills and ability to concisely summarise results for different audiences
- Ability to work independently and at the same time coordinate regularly with the ERGO team and the member organisations
Contract and budget: The expert will be subcontracted to fulfil part of the work programme in the Framework Partnership Agreement between ERGO Network and DG Employment. The expert has no rights vis-à-vis the European Commission.
The expert shall be paid for the execution of the activities and services a fee of maximum 5,800 EUR, all taxes and VAT included.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents:
- Motivation letter
- Proposed methodology and timeline
We will select the expert according to the principle “Value for money”. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating in the subject of the email “Application CLLD Expert” by 10 July 2018, 23:59 CET.
A detailed project summary can be provided upon request.
For further questions, please contact Gabriela Hrabanova (email@example.com)
Download the Call for expert