Become a member of ERGO Network
We are glad you are considering applying for membership in the ERGO Network. Please read the following information carefully.
There are two types of membership in the ERGO Network: full membership and associate membership. By filling this form your organisation applies for associate membership. After a minimum of one year, associate members can apply for full membership.
Members are required to pay an annual membership fee (25 EUR) and get actively involved in the Network, including participation in the General Assembly and other meetings.
All members and applicant organisations must:
- Agree with ERGO Network’s mission, vision and share the same core values
- Have a decent track record and good reputation
- Prove operations at the grassroots level in Roma communities or engagement in national-level policy processes as well as the drive to involve Roma in the processes that are affecting them
- Have its own Safeguarding policy or commit to developing it within one year or adapt ERGO Network’s safeguarding policy for its own use within the first year of membership
- Prove sufficient transparency and accountability of their work, democratic structures and gender equality in their actions and structures
- Not be a member of any other international organisation that goes against the aims and principles of ERGO Network; not be affiliated with a political party as well as with a particular religion
- Play an active role in the fight against inequality and antigypsyism
- Be ready to provide quality information and support to enhance evidence-based advocacy for Roma
- Be willing to proactively take a public stance on Roma issues, in accordance with the mission and values of ERGO Network.
- The ability of its representatives or employees to communicate in the English language (at least an intermediate level is needed)
How to apply
- read all requirements carefully.
- If you comply with them, then
- complete the application form,
- enclose the statutes of your organization (in English), your Safeguarding policy document if any (in your language or English) and any other relevant statutory or internal organisation documents,
- enclose a recent activity report and/or annual report, including a financial report,
- enclose a recommendation from an ERGO Network member organisation, if possible
- end send all documents to the Network Coordinator (Martina Horváthová, firstname.lastname@example.org).
Within max. 1 month, our Network Coordinator will send you an e-mail with our feedback after reviewing your application and enclosed documents.
You might be invited for a call with our Network Coordinator and the Director or a Board member to introduce each other and establish cooperation for the forthcoming months. You might be visited by ERGO Network representatives to assess how you fit into the network.
Your application will be submitted to the board that will prepare a recommendation for the General Assembly. All candidates will be presented to the members during the next General Assembly along with the board’s recommendation. The General Assembly is held once a year, usually in June. Members will vote on your candidacy. You may be invited to participate in the General Assembly to present your organisation.