Call for external evaluator
ERGO Network is contracting an independent expert to evaluate its 2018-2021 work programme Roma Included in Social Europe funded by DG Employment’s EaSI Programme.
ERGO Network (www.ergonetwork.org) brings together over 30 members from across Europe and supports organisations with a common perspective on Roma grassroots empowerment and equal citizenship to challenge stereotypes and combat stigmatization. We mobilize and connect organisations and individuals that share and express our values – active citizenship, shared responsibility, and passion – to strengthen and empower Roma civil society involvement in decision-making at local, national and European level and to address existing shortcomings of policies targeted at Roma.
For the second time, we are supported by DG Employment through a 4-year Partnership Framework Agreement that allows us to work closely with our members and to advocate for better policies for Roma through our work programme entitled “Roma Included in Social Europe”.
Role of the evaluator
We are searching for an external evaluator to assess the achievements and lessons learned of the Framework Partnership Agreement between ERGO Network and DG Employment (2018-2021) entitled “Roma Included in Social Europe”.
The evaluator is expected to assess the achievements of ERGO in implementing the FPA and reaching the objectives set and to give recommendations for future work.
Specifically, the evaluator is expected to:
- Conduct evaluation interviews with ERGO members and national stakeholders involved in the FPA together with ERGO staff to evaluate achievements on national level in 5 countries.
- Interview relevant EU policy-makers and civil society partners to assess the achievements on European level.
- Conduct workshops with ERGO staff and members to jointly assess our achievements, lessons learnt and recommendations.
- Draft a report describing outcomes and achievements, lessons learnt and recommendations for improvements, also taking into account the findings of internal evaluations done in the first three years of the FPA.
- Excellent knowledge of evaluation methodology and experience with programme evaluations
- Expertise on Roma issues and policies on European Union and member state level
- Experience working with civil society organisations in the fields of advocacy, capacity-building and network building
- Excellent writing skills and ability to concisely summarise evaluation results for different audiences
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently
- Additional language skills desirable
The evaluation will be conducted throughout 2021, with the final report expected for December 2021.
Times for interviews and workshops with ERGO staff, members and stakeholders will be agreed with the selected consultant.
Contract and budget: The independent evaluator will be subcontracted to fulfil part of the work programme in the Framework Partnership Agreement between ERGO Network and DG Employment. The expert has no rights vis-à-vis the European Commission.
The expert shall be paid for the execution of the activities and services a fee of maximum 5,000 EUR, all taxes and VAT included.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents:
- CV, highlighting past similar assignments
- Proposed methodology, timeline and budgetary proposal, including envisaged number of working days
We will select the expert according to the principle “Value for money”. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15th 2021, 23:59 CET.
A detailed project summary can be provided upon request.
For further questions, please contact Christine Sudbrock at email@example.com