Call for Solidarity Corps volunteer in ERGO Network
ERGO Network is looking for an enthusiastic and active young Rom who would like to join our office team in Brussels for 11 or 12 months in the framework of the European Solidarity Corps.
When: 1 October 2022 to 31 August 2023, optionally it can be until 30th September 2023
Where: ERGO Network office in Brussels, Belgium
Who: Young Roma professional between 18 and 30
Deadline for applications: 1st September 2022
During the 11 or 12 months in ERGO, you will learn about international advocacy, help us organise international meetings and events and get actively involved in Roma activism and international Roma networks in Brussels. Optionally, the volunteer can stay 12 months in ERGO, but this needs to be agreed during the service.
Your main tasks will be:
- Communication and visibility: contribute to the update of the ERGO Network and RomaReact websites and social media channels; development of creative approaches and publicity work to promote our activities and mission and a positive image of Roma.
- Researching and reporting: Assisting ERGO’s research work e.g. on cases of inequality and antigypsyism all over Europe.
- Advocacy and policy: Support ERGO staff in EU advocacy work on poverty reduction, social inclusion and antigypsyism; attend debates, hearings and meetings with other stakeholders to challenge stereotypes and racism, build partnership with Roma and non-Roma organizations from Belgium and other European countries.
- Meetings and seminars: Assist in the organisation of meetings, events and international seminars of ERGO Network and its partners, e.g. our Advocacy Academy, Annual Members Meeting etc.
- Young Roma between 18 and 30 years
- Good English language skills, both oral and written
- Computer literacy (experience with Microsoft office package and social media)
- High motivation to learn more about Roma activism and advocacy work and to contribute to a small but very active European NGO
- Previous involvement in Roma or (pro) Roma NGOs will be considered an advantage
- Reliable, well organised and with attention to detail
You will work about 38 hours per week, including your language course. Working hours will be from Monday to Friday between 9:00 – 17:00. However, working hours can be adapted to your needs and the activities you will be involved in. Of course, we will adapt the situation also according to the Covid-19 situation.
We aim to support young people who are enthusiastic about our cause and want to gain experiences that can be later transferred to national or local NGOs. We especially welcome applications from people who are motivated to challenge stereotypes, antigypsyism and racism and who show an open attitude for a unique learning and life experience, as well as a volunteer spirit of creativity, initiative, responsibility and independence.
- An allowance of 1200 Euro that includes money for accommodation, meals, local transport, language course and pocket money
- Travel costs to Brussels (a lump sum depending on the distance to Brussels)
- Health insurance for the whole year
- On-arrival and mid-term training with other Solidarity Corps volunteers, and lots of learning and development opportunities with ERGO Network and our partners
- Access to an online French course and other online training opportunities offered to European Solidarity Corps volunteers
- An exciting and unforgettable experience, working for an international organisation in an international city!
How to apply:
Please send your motivation letter (1 page) and CV (max 2 pages) by 1st September 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do not hesitate to contact us for more information at email@example.com