Position: Network and Programme Coordinator
ERGO Network is hiring a full-time Programme Coordinator to join its team in Brussels.
ERGO Network (www.ergonetwork.org) brings together 27 members from across Europe and supports organisations with a common perspective on Roma grassroots empowerment and equal citizenship to challenge stereotypes and combat stigmatization. We mobilize and connect organisations and individuals that share and express our values – active citizenship, shared responsibility, and passion – to strengthen Roma civil society involvement in decision-making at local, national and European level and to address existing shortcomings of policies targeted at Roma.
Roles and responsibilities
We are searching for a Network and Programme Coordinator with strong project management skills to coordinate and empower ERGO’s network of members. In particular, the person’s tasks will include:
- Develop and implement a members’ capacity building and empowerment strategy.
- Lead on project management of key initiatives related to the network, including the management of external consultants and steering/advisory groups, particularly in the Enlargement countries.
- Coordinate ERGO Network’s campaign “Decade against antigypsyism up to 2030”, including coordinating partners and stakeholders, organising events and advocacy activities.
- Support and advice ERGO Network members on conducting evidence-based advocacy at European and national level regarding the implementation of the EU Strategic Framework for Roma Equality, Inclusion and Participation.
- Follow-up ERGO’s work on online antigypsyist hate speech and the network’s involvement in the EU Code of Conduct exercise.
- Address issues of digital deprivation, digital divide, digital citizenship, as well as digital inclusion of Roma.
- Steer ERGO Network’s work on Roma youth empowerment through coordination of volunteering activities, partnerships with Roma youth networks and capacity-building of young activists.
- Participate in relevant meetings organised at EU or national level.
- Monitor network performance.
- Support the organisation of meetings and events.
- Support effective communication with ERGO Network members.
- Implement distance learning solutions for members and staff, as relevant.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the team, as relevant.
- Contribute to other tasks as instructed by the Director.
This tasks list is indicative and non-exhaustive. The team of ERGO Network is small, the workload can be high at certain times and unexpected tasks might appear. The Programme Coordinator will report to ERGO Network’s Director and works in close contact with the other team members and staff from member organisations. The working language is English.
- Proven experience of working with Roma civil society and knowledge of the main policy issues for Roma both at EU and national level in EU and Enlargement countries.
- Good understanding of the concept of antigypsyism and knowledge of anti-racism policies and practice.
- At least 3 years of experience in capacity building for civil society organisations.
- Proven experience in developing and delivering effective and innovative needs-adapted training and educational content.
- Experience working with young people.
- At least 3 years of experience in project management, including in grant and report writing, monitoring project implementation, working with consultants, budget management and technical management.
- Good knowledge of requirements and standards of EU-financed projects.
- High-level verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and to cope with stressful situations and deadlines.
- Ability to undertake domestic and international travel is also required for this position.
- Experience of working with European networks.
- Experience in coordinating large-scale, decentralised campaigns.
- Good knowledge of European Institutions and their functioning.
- Experience in advocacy towards EU and national policy-makers.
- Good knowledge of specific policy areas under the EU Roma Framework (i.e. discrimination, education, digital inclusion, employment, health, housing, poverty).
- Knowledge of other languages, in particular Romani language.
One year contract under Belgian law with the possibility of extension
Salary: approx. 3.200 EUR per month gross salary, plus compensation for public transport, lunch vouchers, representation costs and hospitalisation insurance.
Working time: 37,5 hours per week.
Starting date: October 1st 2022 or as soon as possible
Place of work: Brussels, with the possibility for some remote work.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and motivation letter to email@example.com by August 21st 2022, 23:59 CET, indicating in the subject of the email “Application Programme Coordinator”. This email address can also be used for further information and questions.
We will review the applications on a rolling basis. Successful candidates will be invited for interviews in Brussels on September 12th, 13th and 14th . Zoom interviews can also be considered.
ERGO Network strives for a diverse staff and ensures that opportunities offered are accessible to all regardless of gender, age, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity. We particularly encourage members of groups which are affected by racism and related discrimination to apply for this post.